Every parent in this modern world wants their kid to be fluent in English. To make this a reality, we need to make an environment for the kids where they can speak English without being judged.
I have a way out for you to make a conversation feasible and make your kids learn English, by interacting with them daily.
Below are a few sentences which can help your kid have a sound interaction with everyone and thereby help them learn English.
Sentences for Advising Your Kids
Often while giving bits of advice to your kid we prefer speaking in our native language, what if it is done in English? To help you do that I have penned down some sentences to have a meaningful conversation with your kids.
1. Try to get up early in the morning.
सुबह जल्दी उठने की कोशिश करो।
2. Avoid making bad friends.
बुरे दोस्त मत बनाओ।
3. It is good to play outdoor games.
आउटडोर गेम्स खेलना अच्छा है।
4. Don’t play video games for long hours.
ज्यादा लंबे समय तक वीडियो गेम्स मत खेलो।
5. Practise reading aloud.
जोर से पढ़ने का अभ्यास करो।
6. Don’t spend much time on your mobile phone.
मोबाइल फॉन चलाने में अपना ज़्यादा समय ज़ाया मत करो।
7. Learn to value your time.
समय की कद्र करो।
8. Practise speaking in English with your friends.
अपने दोस्तों के साथ अंग्रेज़ी में बात करो।
9. Don’t play with fire.
आग से मत खेलो।
10. Study for three hours daily.
रोज़ तीन घंटे पढ़ो।
These are some basic sentences which you can use quite frequently at your home while guiding your kids.
Help Your Kids with Their Studies
Moving further while helping your kid with his or her studies, try explaining them facts in English.
Use the following sentences to indulge in such conversation:
11. Do you know who built this monument?
क्या तुम्हें पता हैं की ये स्मारक किसने बनवाया था?
12. I will explain this to you in detail.
मैं तुम्हें विस्तार से बताता/बताती हूं।
13. Do you know how to say this sentence?
क्या तुम्हें पता हैं कि ये वाक्य कैसे बोलेंगे?
14. Have you heard this story before?
क्या तुमने ये कहानी पहले सुनी हैं?
15. This is not the right way.
ये सही तरीका नही है।
16. How are you going to solve this problem?
तुम इस प्रोब्लम को कैसे हल करोगे?
17. What was taught to you at school today?
आज तुम्हें स्कूल में क्या पढ़ाया गया?
18. Did you complete your homework?
क्या तुमने अपना गृहकार्य किया?
19. Why do you repeat the same mistakes again and again?
तुम बार–बार एक ही गलती क्यों दोहराते हो?
20. Do you need my help to understand this?
क्या तुम्हें इस को समझने में मेरे मदद की जरूरत है?
Talking about studies is one of the best things to discuss with your kids and this can result in something great in the learning process of your kid. A kid being curious about everything listens to you very attentively, in the process, he or she learns a lot of things.
Sentences for Asking About Health
Parents are the caretakers of their children. They look after their kids’ needs, health, and all other important aspects of their life.
You can use the following sentences to ask about their health or whatever they need to suffice their wants.
21. Are you feeling well now?
क्या तुम अब ठीक महसूस कर रहे हो?
22. Did you take medicine today?
क्या तुमने आज दवा ली थी?
23. What do you want to eat?
तुम्हें क्या खाने की इच्छा है?
24. Do you need any stationary from the market?
क्या तुम्हें बाज़ार से कुछ स्टेशनरी चाहिए?
25. Do you still have a headache?
क्या तुम्हारा सिर अभी भी दर्द कर रहा है?
Languages are taught by making a person aware of the correct usage of words. A child always has good learning abilities which make him or learn every new word without making any effort. When you use such sentences while talking to them, it will give better results and make them keenly interested in learning English.
Sentences to Motivate Your Kids
During this whole process, kids need constant motivation to progress further, with the same zeal with which everything started. To adhere to that, you should motivate your kid to perform better and have faith in himself or herself. In such circumstances, you can use the following sentences:
26. Cheer up! You didn’t perform badly.
उदास न हो! तुमने बुरा अभिनय नहीं किया है।
27. Don’t worry! This was your first attempt. Perform better next time.
चिंता मत करो! ये तुम्हारा पहला प्रयास था। अगली बार और अच्छा करना।
28. All the best! Give your best in the exams.
तुम्हें ढेरों शुभकामनाएं! अच्छे से परीक्षा देना।
29. Keep going! You are learning things faster.
आगे बढ़ते रहो। तुम बहुत जल्दी चीज़ें सीख रहे हो।
30. Use proper diction! You can pronounce it much better.
सही से उच्चारण करो! तुम और अच्छे से उच्चारण कर सकते हो।
Sentences are the backbone of a language. The more equipped you are with good sentences in your mind, the better you will be able to teach the same to your kid. This would enhance your knowledge as well the knowledge of your kid and make the journey full of good experiences.
To put an end word to it, what my experiences say is we learn a language by listening and speaking to people and not by just parroting concepts of grammar or sentences. Use a pragmatic approach while learning concepts and delve into the depth of any subject matter to comprehend it. You should use this approach to make your kids learn English for better understanding . Nurture them in the same way and involve them in regular practice to make them revise the concepts which were earlier elaborated.
To make the learning process of your kid easier and to make your kid learn concepts in less time, get him or her enrolled in a Spoken English Course and have a thrilling learning experience.