Podcast of subject-verb arrangement
There are three types of non-finite verbs:-
The infinitive is the basic dictionary form of a verb, usually preceded by to. Thus to go is an infinitive.
Infinitive meaning in Hindi- ‘na’
- Mujhe khana khana (acha nahi lagta- action)
- I don’t like to eat food
- Khana- (name)
- Acha nahi lagta-action
- Mujhe Sona acha lagta hai
- I like to sleep.
- Mai khana khane ke liye ruk gaya.
- He stopped to eat.
- Wo mujhe dekhne ke liye ruk gaya.
- He stopped to see me.
- (Here dekhne ke liye is a name)
Gerund and infinity are quite similar it’s both are verbs but their work is different it’s used as a noun. If we wanna use gerund verb+ing not an infinitive to +verb1st form. The gerund is used in verb and added ‘ing’.Na is used and its name!
- Wo so Raha hai
- So Raha is (action)
- Mai Sona chahta hu is noun
- I want to sleep – to sleep is (infinitive)
- Smoking is a bad habit.
- Smoking ek buri aadat hai.
- Drinking is injurious to health
- Drinking health ke liye hanikarak hai
- Mai drink Karta hu-(action)
- I drink.
A participle is used as an adjective or an adverb. There are two types of the participle in English: the past and present participles. If we put two actions in one sentence is called Participle.
The present participle also takes the – Verb + ing form: (e.g., writing, singing, and raising).
The past participle typically appears like the past tense, but some have different forms: (e.g., written, sung, and raised)
- Usne mujhe cheating karte hue pakad liya.
- He caught me cheating.
- Mai sote sote chal raha tha.
- And me ta aa raha hai
- Mai office me chala gaya.
Agar aap bhi English fluently bolna chahte hai, toh aap humara Spoken English course join kar sakte hai.