Word of the day
Distress Meaning in Hindi
किसी को परेशान या नाराज़ कर देना
Kisi ko pareshaan ya naraaz kar dena
बहुत दर्द या मुश्किल में होना
Bahaut dard ya mushkil mein hona
गंभीर संकट में किसी की मदद की ज़रूरत होना
Gambhir sankat mein kisi ki madad ki zarurat hona
Distress meaning in English
To make somebody very upset or unhappy
the state of being very upset or of suffering great pain or difficulty
the state of being in great danger and needing immediate help
Synonyms (Related Similar Words)
Pain, grieve, anguish, upset, suffering, despair
Antonyms (Related Opposite Words)
Soothe, happiness, comfort, please, calm, comforting
1. We were distressed because we incurred huge loss this year.
2. He was not trying to distress you at all. Please understand that.
3. The tragic death of his beloved has caused him extreme emotional distress.
4. The ship’s captain informed that it was in distress.
5. She was in extreme distress when I met her at her son’s funeral.