5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Go’ and their Hindi translation
1. Go along : Continue an activity- किसी काम को जारी रखना
Please go along with your work.
2. Go away: Leave a Place- एक जगह छोड़ दो
I request you to go away from here right now.
3. Go through: Experience something- किसी चीज़ को अनुभव करना
It would be best for you to go through the adventure once in your life.
4. Go back: Return- वापस जाओ
The teacher asked the students to go back to their respective classes.
5. Go after: Pursue- पाने की कोशिश करना
A dedicated person will always go after his goals.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘talk’ and their Hindi translation
1. Talk at someone: To talk to someone without letting them speak- किसी और को बात करने का मौका ना देना
She has a habit of talking to everyone without listening.
2. Talk over something: Discuss something- किसी विषय पर बात करना
We went to the café to talk over our holiday plans.
3. Talk back: To reply to someone in an impolite way- किसी को पलटकर जवाब देना
My son used to talk back to his teacher in school.
4. Talk around: To avoid discussion- बचे रहना
No solution can be reached if you talk around everything.
5. Talk something through: To discuss something in detail- किसी विषय पर विस्तार में बात करना
We talked through the issue of global warming.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Put’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Put Aside: To keep something- बचाकर रखना
They decided to put aside some money for her education.
2. Put Off: To stop- रोकना
They had to put off the wedding due to a financial crisis.
3. Put Through: To make someone do or experience something unpleasant- किसी को कुछ अप्रिय अनुभव कराना
Tom whom he called his best friend put him through a difficult situation before the teacher.
4. Put Down: Criticizing someone- किसी की आलोचना करना
It is a bad habit to put down someone and discourage his capabilities.
5. Put Together: To build something- कुछ निर्माण करना
He put together all the words and made a correct sentence.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Keep’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Keep Up With: To maintain pace- गति बनाए रखने के लिए
Technology is growing so fast it is hard to keep up with it.
2. Keep Back: Remain at a distance- दुर रहना
The police ordered all the people to keep back from the thieves.
3. Keep Up: To continue doing something- जारी रखना
Our teacher told us to keep up the good work.
4. Keep After: To tell someone again and again to do something- किसी को बार–बार कुछ करने के लिए कहना
His kids kept after him to quit smoking.
5. Keep Down: To hide- छिपकर रहना
Please keep down someone is coming.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Turn’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Turn Up: When someone arrives unexpectedly- जब कोई अप्रत्याशित रूप से आता है
My sister turned up for my birthday this year.
2. Turn Down: To refuse a request or an offer- किसी अनुरोध या प्रस्ताव को अस्वीकार करने के लिए
I turned down their job offer as I am already working.
3. Turn Into: To change or develop into something else- किसी और चीज़ में बदलना या विकसित होना
Our holiday turned into a nightmare because of the continuous rain.
4. Turn Over: To change Position- करवट बदलना
Please turn over to get a better look at the sunset.
5. Turn Against: To become hostile towards someone- किसी के प्रति शत्रुतापूर्ण व्यवहार करना
Both the brothers turned against each other after their father died.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Step’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Step Aside: To leave an important job or position- कोई महत्वपूर्ण कार्य या पद छोड़ना
She stepped aside from the position of director to leave the country.
2. Step Back: To stop for some time- कुछ देर रुकने के लिए
This is the moment to step back and think for a while.
3. Step Out: Go out: बाहर जाना थोड़े समय के लिए
I will step out for half an hour.
4. Step In: To help someone- किसी की मदद करना
She stepped in to help the blind man on the street.
5. Step Forward: To offer to help somebody- किसी की मदद करने की पेशकश करना
She had to step forward to reveal the information to them.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Fall’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Fall Apart: To be in bad condition- बुरी हालत में होना
Don’t be reckless otherwise, your plans might fall apart.
2. Fall Back: To move back suddenly- अचानक पीछे हटना
She fell back in horror to see him suddenly.
3. Fall Behind: To be less successful- कम सफल होना
I have fallen behind in the loan payments because I lost my job.
4. Fall Down: To fail to meet expectations- अपेक्षाओं पर खरा न उतराना
I am quite good at writing English but I will fall down on the speaking part.
5. Fall Off: Getting separated from the thing it is attached to- जिस चीज से जुड़ा होता है, उससे अलग हो जाना
Be careful! Your bag will fall off the pole you have attached it to.
5 Phrasal Verbs with ‘Look’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Look Ahead: To think about what will happen in the future- भविष्य में क्या होगा इसके बारे में सोच ना
I am trying to look ahead at what will happen tomorrow to take precautions.
2. Look Back: To look again at something to remind- याद दिलाने के लिए फिर से कुछ देखना
When I look back I am full of happiness
3. Look Through: To briefly examine- संक्षेप में जांच करने के लिए
He looked through the pages of the book to understand the words.
4. Look Down On: To treat someone as unworthy- किसी के साथ अयोग्य व्यवहार करना
Everyone looks down on her because she is not educated.
5. Look For: Expecting Something- कुछ उम्मीद करना
He told his son that he will look for some improvement in his results.
5 Phrasal Verbs on ‘Bring’ and their Hindi Translation
1. Bring About: To bring something to cause it to happen- कोई काम पूरा करना
They wanted to bring about a change in society.
2. Bring Down: To defeat someone or get defeated- किसी को हराना / हार जाना
The mistake made them bring down their own defeat.
3. Bring Along: To bring someone or something with you- किसी को या कुछ अपने साथ लाना
The students are expected to bring along their parents to the picnic along.
4. Bring Around: Persuade/Convince someone to do something- किसी को कुछ करने के लिए राजी करना / मनाना
I hope he will bring around his sister to accompany him to the party tonight.
5. Bring Back: To make someone remember something- किसी को कुछ याद दिलाने के लिए
I have some photographs of the trip which bring back old memories.